Wonderstruck Nepal with Muktinath by Air
3 nights Kathmandu, 2 nights Pokhara Surface & 1 night Jomsom with Muktinath by air
Day 01 – Kathmandu
Meeting at airport upon arrival by Office Personnel. Transfer to hotel. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal and the Kathmandu Valley is the political and cultural heart of the Kingdom. The urban sprawl that makes up modern Kathmandu is in fact two cities,
Patan and Kathmandu.
Day 02 – Kathmandu
This morning you will be taken for a visit of the Hindu culture in Nepal, Pashupatinath. This is the place where holy saddhus pray. The Pashupatinath Temple is a famous, sacred Hindu temple dedicated to Pashupatinath and is located on the banks of the Bagmati River 5 kilometres north-east of Kathmandu Valley in the eastern city of Kathmandu the capital of Nepal. This temple is considered one of the sacred temples of Hindu faith .The temple serves as the seat of the national deity, Lord Pashupatinath. This temple complex is on UNESCO World Heritage Sites’s list Since 1979. This “extensive Hindu temple precinct” is a “sprawling collection of temples, ashrams, images and inscriptions raised over the centuries along the banks of the sacred Bagmati river”. We then continue to the holiest shrine for the Buddhist culture in Nepal, Bouddhanath, with its large stupa, this is the place where all devout Buddhists come for a pilgrimage. After completion of these two spots, you will be taken take you for a visit to Patan. Also known as Lalitpur , the city of beauty is separated from Kathmandu only by the Bagmati River and is the second largest town in the valley. Lalitpur is fragmented from other cities due to its substantive architectural ancient masterpieces. Patan’s central Durbar Square is absolutely packed with temples: Its an architectural center point with a far greater concentration of temples per sq. meter than in Kathamandu or Bhaktapur. Within the city also lies the Tibetan refugee center, home to most of the valley’s Tibetan population. While technically refugees, the Tibetans are some of the wealthiest people in the valley because of the carpet industry they operate. For those looking to bring home a fine Tibetan carpet, this is the place to shop. You will then go to Swayambhunath the golden spire of the 5th-century Swayambhu stupa is adorned with a colorful fluttering of prayer flags; it crowns a hill overlooking the Kathmandu Valley and offers fantastic views over the city of Kathmandu. Swayambhunath is one of the most recognizable symbols in Nepal and the painted eyes of Buddha watch all who ascend the worn stone steps. ( The above sightseeing is for a maximum of 06 hours after the vehicle reports at the hotel )
Day 03 – Kathmandu / Pokhara
Drive to Pokhara. Pokhara is 210 kms from Kathmandu and is a 7 hours drive approx. From Pokhara town (2,352 feet) in good weather there are splendid views right from the hotel.
On the way you have an option at an extra cost of doing the river rafting ( Inr. 2000 per person if required ) or visit the Manakamna Temple “ Goddess of Fulfilling Wishes” where you are taken by a cable ride of 10 mins ( Inr. 500 per person for the cable car tickets if required ).
Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 – Pokhara / Jomsom
After Breakfast, early morning flight to Jomsom. Upon arrival at Jomsom, walk over to the hotel which is 2 minutes from the airport.
Do note that Jomsom is a small village in the Mountains. Only basic accommodation is available here. The clients will have to walk from the airport to the hotel which takes about 5 minutes. Porters from the hotel are sent to the airport to carry the luggage. 15 Kg luggage per adult and 7 kg per child is allowed by the airlines on this sector. The
aircraft is a Twin Otter or Doniar – average 15 seats.
Darshan of Muktinath temple.
Walk up to the Jeep Stand taking a Jeep on sharing basis for Muktinath. Originally the route from Jomsom to Muktinath was a trekkers route. Recently the route has been widened and 4×4 vehicles can drive all the way. 16 kms of the road has been pitched ( Black topped ) & 10 kms of the road is still a Dirt road. One drives parallel to the “Kali Gandaki” River which is well known for the “Saligrams”. The ride could be felt to be Bumpy, though for a short while. On a clear day after driving around 10 kms the vehicle stops at a View point. On a clear day one gets a breath taking view of the snow peaked Himalayas. The drive takes about 1.5 hours one way. Upon arrival at Muktinath it is another 10-15 minutes walk from the base to the Temple passing the Muktinath Village. Ponies too are available – if required payment to be make directly.
Darshan on your own of “Lord Narayan (Bishnu) known as “Muktinath”. There are 108 Spouts of water. Sprinkling the water from each spout, prior to doing the Darshan is said to be a must.
Later following the same route return to Jomsom.
Day 05 – Jomsom / Pokhara
Fly back to Pokhara early morning and transfer to hotel.
This afternoon you will visit Bindebasini Temple. This is one of the oldest temples in Pokhara was a part of Kaski Kingdom, the main deity of the temple,Goddess Durga, was brought from India . Apart from the peace and tranquility that can be felt in this region, the premises of the temple offers a good view of the Himalaya on a clear day. The temple is in the area of the bazaar, hence,a journey of the old bazaar can be combined with a visit to the temple. Sightseeing to Devi’s fall, also known as Patale Chango is an awesome waterfall lying 2 km southwest of Pokhara. During summer and rainy season, the waterfall takes its real form, with gushing water splashing and making its way through the rocks. Just opposite of Devi’s fall, on the other side of the road, there is Gupteshwor Cave. This cave is popular for the different natural forms made from limestone deposits. Photography is strictly prohibited inside the cave. Overnight at hotel. ( The above sightseeing is for a maximum of 03 hours after the vehicle reports at the hotel )
Day 06 – Pokhara / Kathmandu
This morning you will go for a excursion trip to Sarangkot. Sarangkot is the most popular tourist destination from where the tourist can enjoy the great view of the Pokhara Valley and the magnificent view of the mountains. Sarangkot is only 13 kms from Lake Side, Pokhara. Sarangkot is the highest view point for a sunrise and it is just 1592m high. Sarangkot is cooler than Pokhara. Sarangkot can be reached easily by 45 to 60 minutes by a car ride to the top from Pokhara. Many tourists come to Sarangkot for sunrise view and go back. ( The above sightseeing is for a maximum of 03 hours after the vehicle reports at the hotel )
Retracing the same path, drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. Rest day at leisure. One can indulge in shopping or visit the casinos trying their lady luck. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07 – Kathmandu / Airport
Morning will be comparatively free and closer to the time of your flight , you will be transferred to the airport in time to board your flight for onward journey.
- 03 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with Breakfast in Budget Hotel (3*,4*,5* & Luxury Hotels also Available)
- 02 nights accommodation in Pokhara with Breakfast in Budget Hotel (3*,4*,5* & Luxury Hotels also Available)
- 01 night accommodation in Jomsom with Breakfast – extremely basic accommodation only available with non A/c rooms
- 02 international airport transfers by an A/c vehicle exclusively
- 02 domestic airport transfers in Pokhara by Hotel Vehicle
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary in Kathmandu and Pokhara by an a/c vehicle exclusively (Guide and entrance fee not included payable directly )
- Transportation Jomsom/ Muktinath/ Jomsom by a non a/c vehicle on Sharing basis.
- In a Jeep there will be 12 Pax. Just in case the no. of participants are not met the clients will have to pay the
- difference and travel on direct payment basis. Over & above this clients could be required to wait at the Jeep Stand while proceeding to Muktinath and similarly while returning from Muktinath to Jomsom.
- Transportation Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu by an a/c vehicle exclusively
- Airfare Pokhara / Jomsom / Pokhara
- ACAP fee for Jomsom is included ( Permit required to visit Jomsom for which 2 passport size photos and a passport / Election – Voters id photocopy is required ). Do note here that the permit issuing office is open till 2.30 PM in Kathmandu (Sunday to Friday other than Govt. Holidays). One has to reach the office prior to this with 2 Passport size photos.
- Just in case due to time constrain this is not issued a credit note / refund of Inr 500 PP will be given by us. The same can then be issued in Pokhara by the clients directly. If not issued in Pokhara then the same will have to issued in Jomsom where by then the fees becomes Double ( as per the Govt) and a “TIMS” fee too is applicable then of Inr 500 PP – In total around 1500 PP. We cannot assist the clients on this other than in Kathmandu.
- Presently applicable hotel taxes.
- Car : Ford / Fiat / Manza /Similar : (only 4 Heads are allowed and the car does not have any overhead carrier )
- 5 – 6 Adults : Scorpio / similar
- 7 – 12 adults : Toyota “Hiace” Van having 14 seats.
Important Information on JOMSOM
(A)“ACAP PERMIT” ( Annapurna Conservation Area Permit ) for Foreign and Indian Nationals to be collected from ACAP office in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
Failing to obtain the ACAP permit at either KTM or PKR will require paying double the amount as a penalty at Jomsom.
A copy of the passport / Voter Id and 2 copies of passport size photos are required while applying for the permit
Clients will have to obtain this permit on their own as agents are not entertained.
(B) Travel tips
- On the flight one is entitled to carry only 10 kgs of checked in luggage per person.
- Take precaution for altitude sickness by taking Diamox Tablet
- Carry your medicine for any health problem
- Drink plenty of water while going up hill
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes
- Carry light luggage
- Walking stick
- Chap stick / Vaseline cream
- Sun glasses
- Warm Clothing
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Moisturizer Lotion
- Thick socks and gloves
Days are relatively warm; especially when there is no wind in the early morning. The appropriate clothing as per the travel period (temperature) and a good pair of walking shoes for rocky and uneven paths are highly recommended. Walking stick would help for those who need support.
Jomsom is a weather prone area. Frequent flight cancellations are obvious & any expenses that arise due to such cancellations will have to be borne by the clients. Just in case the flight Pokhara / Jomsom / Pokhara is cancelled then a refund of Inr 7000 PP incorporated in the cost will be refunded, though all expenses arising will have to be borne by the clients.
Please do note the following about Jomsom properties:
Jomsom is small village in the Mountains. No luxury options are available here. Hotel Majesty / Oms Home is the property we use . The properties are budget properties with basic facilities only. The clients should be aware about the place in advance so that they do not face any problem upon reaching at this point. Jomsom is famous for its natural beauty, its surrounding, trekking and Muktinath as well as to Lo Manthang.
Hand-phone SIM card:
- Upon arrival in Kathmandu at the International Airport better known as “Tribhuwan International Airport”.
- One Passport size photo and a copy of the passport will be required.
- One can purchase a Sim. Activation time is 10 mins on an average. Cost is Inr 150 per Sim which
- can be topped off as per requirement. It will be a 3G card.
- Vehicle will not be at disposal but will perform its respective duties
- as per the itinerary only. No additional running for shopping / lunches / dinners/ additional sightseeing etc will be allowed.
- The vehicle will strictly from Point to point basis only.
- Services other than specified.
- Entrance fee at the monumental sites during the sightseeing
- Guide during the sightseeing
- Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone/fax calls.
Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, etc.
- Any tips to drivers, hotel staff, any meals apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Any other tax or service charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra & need to borne by you.