What to Expect
Holiday on Discount brings you a full day trip to discover Bali’s eastern regencies. Explore the religious monuments, ancient villages and unique landscape offering an insight into the life of this piece of paradise.
What Will you do
Our guide will pick you up at approx. 08:30 hrs at your hotel in South Bali with drive to the northeast to Karangasem Regency. First stop is at Kusamba, a local fishing village to see the local people mining salt the traditional way. Next visit Goa Lawah Temple, the bat cave that dates back to the 11th century.
Then drive to Tenganan village, one of Bali’s most ancient villages that existed before the arrival of Hinduism. The village is famous for its unique textile with intricate motifs. Lunch is at a local restaurant in Candi Dasa.
After lunch continue to visit Karangasem Royal Palace (Puri Karangasem) which was built by the 1st King of Karangasem by the end of 19th century. And then drive to Taman Ujung Sukasada, which used to be a resting place, as well as a guesthouse for noble families and foreign official guests of the Karangasem Kingdom.
Last stop is the old royal bathing palace of Tirtagangga with its water gardens. Drive back to your hotel.
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Private transportation in a chauffeur-driven, air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled drinking water during transfers
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed guide
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
- Public Liability Insurance
- 11% local government tax and 10% service charge
- Any alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and porterage