- Please select Departure
Departure point: Madrid
Every Tuesday from March 31 to Oct 27
A six-day package to the north-western region of Spain – Asturias and Galicia, as well as Northern Portugal.
Day 1. Madrid – Leon – Oviedo (446km ~ 277 miles)
Departure at 08.00 in the morning towards north of Madrid. First stop – Spanish city Leon, offering wide range of highlights. Leon is home to a wealth of grand, historic buildings, which include some of the most important in Spain.
Later, we continue onward to Oviedo. Accommodation and dinner upon arrival.
Day 2. Oviedo – La Coruna (347km ~ 216 miles)
Breakfast and departure the very northwest corner of Spain – La Coruna (or A Coruna, how locals say).
A Coruña sits in the very northwest corner of Spain, in the autonomous community of Galicia. A vibrant coastal city with plenty in the way of culture, history, gastronomy (it’s famous for its seafood) and natural sights. Enjoy a panoramic city tour upon arrival and, later – a free time. Sights you’ll see during the city tour, and on same you can take a closer look later.
Accommodation, dinner and night in La Coruna.
Day 3. La Coruna – Santiago de Compostela (75km ~ 47 miles)
Breakfast in hotel in La Coruna, then transfer to Santiago de Compostela. In Santiago we’ll have a proper city tour with the visit to its Cathedral.
City is renowned for its shrine of Saint James the Great and was built to accommodate the thousands of pilgrims that would, and still do, gather there every year. The architecture and atmosphere of the city are impregnated with history and visitors may feel like they’ve taken a step back in time. Some highlights of the tour:
- The The Cathedral of Santiago de Composetela
- Casco Historico(or Historical Center). We’ll take time to explore the little streets around the cathedral and you will find lots of hidden squares, like the Plaza de Cervantes, with beautiful statues and intricate fountains.
Dinner and accommodation.
Day 4. Santiago de Compostela – Rias Bajas – Vigo – Porto (90km ~ 56 miles)
Breakfast, then transfer thru beautiful area of Rias Baixas (”lower rivers”).
- Rias Bajas is a set of largest estuaries in the area. The coastline of the province boasts three magnificent inlets surrounded by cliffs, islands, ports, hills, beaches and stunning landscapes that make it a perfect destination to visit. On both the coast and inland, you’ll definitely enjoy unforgettable views.
First stop – at small town, called O Grove, in the Isle of Toja (Isla de la Toja – is a small peninsula in the area). O Grove is a privileged location in the heart of the Galician Rías Baixas, a place that stands out for its history and traditional fishing.
Later we will cross the beautiful Minho river, that also separates Spain and Portugal. Arrival to the second largest Portugese city of Porto (or Oporto, how locals pronounce). Accommodation and night in Porto.
Day 5. Porto
Breakfast in the hotel, then we’ll head to a proper city tour of Porto. There are plenty of things that this lively and extraordinary city has to offer. Slightly timeworn and weathered, the gray skies and dated buildings add character, while the twinkling lights along the Douro River reflect off the water and illuminate a central part of the city. Pair these features with the reserved yet friendly locals, the charming trams, beautifully adorned architecture, and the wine, and Porto’s charm may put anyone under its spell. Here are some highlights of the tour:
- Porto’s bustling Ribeiro districtis the most eclectic part of the city, inviting everyone to sit by its banks from locals to students and tourists. As a historical center and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Porto’s Cathedral: (Sé do Porto in Portuguese) is the most important religious edifice in the city and has been declared a National Monument. It is situated in the upper part of Porto.
- The Cathedral sits on a square with a column in the middle which offers impressive views over the city, the Douro River and the wine cellars on the waterfront.
- Palacio da Bolsa is a 19th-century Stock Exchange Palace – UNESCO World Heritage Site and a national monument.
- Igreja de Santa Clara – the 15thcentury Santa Clara church may actually be one of the most exquisite examples of Portugal’s 17th century woodwork, reflecting Baroque and Rococo styles.
Later we will continue our tour with a visit an antique wine cellar, experience the wine-making process and definitely taste famous local fortified wine – Port, which in many cases get served straight from the barrel.
Second night in Porto.
Day 6. Porto – Salamanca – Madrid (566km ~ 352 miles)
Breakfast in the hotel then transfer to Salamanca. Located in the north-western part of Spain, Salamanca is a city of exceptional beauty and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988. You’ll have a free time to enjoy the beautiful city center of Salamanca on your own.
Later we continue to Madrid. Arrival and the end of the tour.
- accommodation in hotels
- 5 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Modern and air-conditioned bus
- multi-lingual tour escort
- sightseeing tour with local guide in Santiago and Porto
- tickets to Santiago’s Cathedral
- visit to a wine cellar with a tasting of Porto wine
- travel insurance
- free Wi- Fi on board
- Air Tickets
- Any Meal not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any services, activities, Taxes not mentioned in Inclusions
- 5 % GST
Terms & Conditions:
- Mentioned prices are valid till 31st March’2021.
- Mentioned prices are based on per person on twin sharing
- Prices are Dynamic & Subjected to Change as per travelling dates.
- Children less than 4 years old: free, without granted seat in the bus
- Children between 4 and 7 years old: 25% discount off adult price, in a triple room with adults
- Teenagers between 8 and 18 years old: 5% discount off adult price
- Seniors (65+ years old): 5% discount off adult price
- Third person in triple room: 5%
- Discounts cannot be combined.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
10% paid at the time of reservation is non-refundable. The other 90% is fully refundable if cancelled in no less than 3 weeks (e.g., if you paid 100% upfront right away). There are no refunds for cancellations made in less than 3 weeks to go before the trip.